AJRR Announces 2018 Leadership
Published in February 2018
Following the AJRR’s integration with the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS), the AJRR Board of Directors became the AJRR Steering Committee. The Steering Committee welcomes two new members in 2018, and thanks the members for their service who are stepping down.
The AJRR Steering Committee is a multi-stakeholder group, with members from the AJRR, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons (AAHKS), The Hip Society, the Knee Society, AAOS, payers, industry, and the public. It reports to the newly formed AAOS Registry Oversight Committee (ROC), and governs AJRR policy and operations.
The AJRR Executive Committee has been announced: Kevin J. Bozic, MD, MBA, is chair; Bryan D. Springer, MD, is vice chair; Scott M. Sporer, MD, is secretary; David E. Mino, MD, MBA, continues as treasurer; and Yvonne Bokelman, MBA, FACHE, transitions to her new role as AdvaMed Representative. The two new members in 2018 are James A. Browne, MD, as The Knee Society Representative and Paul Voorhorst as an AdvaMed Representative.
The 2018 Steering Committee members include:
- Kevin J. Bozic, MD, MBA, Chair, AJRR Representative
- Bryan D. Springer, MD, Vice Chair, AAHKS Representative
- Scott M. Sporer, MD, Secretary, AAOS Representative
- David E. Mino, MD, MBA, Treasurer, Payer Representative
- Yvonne Bokelman, MBA, FACHE, Industry Observer, AdvaMed Representative
- David G. Lewallen, MD, Medical Director, Ex-Officio
- Daniel J. Berry, MD, The Hip Society Representative
- James A. Browne, MD, The Knee Society Representative
- Robert L. Krebbs, Payer Representative
- Gregory B. Krivchenia II, MD, AAOS Representative
- Kristen Murtos, MBA, American Hospital Association Representative
- Douglas E. Padgett, MD, AAOS Representative
- Brian S. Parsley, MD, AAHKS Representative
- Margaret VanAmringe, MHS, Public Advisory Board Representative
- Paul Voorhorst, AdvaMed Representative
- Michael R. Dayton, MD, AAOS Representative
- Craig J. Della Valle, MD, The Knee Society Representative
- Blair Fraser, AdvaMed Representative
Dr. Berry’s term as chair has ended after three years. A few of his major accomplishments include hitting the key milestones of one million procedures, over 1,000 institutions, and 8,900 surgeons in the Registry, the launch of Level II and III data element collection, and redesigning the AJRR platform into RegistryInsights™. Although he is no longer chair, he will now be serving on the Steering Committee without an executive role. More importantly, he will be serving as the Chair of the ROC.
The full AJRR Steering Committee list and biographies can be found here.