Communications Intern, Summer
Under the guidance of the department’s Director, and working closely with the Marketing and Communications Specialist; the Communications Intern will assist in creation, implementation, and distribution of public relations, digital, and social media activities. The Communications Intern will ensure consistency of messages while integrating value propositions across all communication channels, with high emphasis on maintenance of the AJRR website and other digital communications.
Requires a strong communications background, understanding of public relations, a high degree of accuracy, the ability to multi-task and prioritize, strong writer/editor, and the ability to work independently and as part of a Marketing Communications team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Media monitoring and watching the external landscape; alerting Director and Senior staff of articles so they can determine action
- Reading/responding to blogs, articles, and studies (as directed)
- Coordinating media pitches
- Maintain monthly media monitoring reports for leadership and board members
- Assist with collecting of content, editing, and formatting to populate new website
- Utilize Google Analytics to help with keywords and search engine optimization
- Help maintain content assets
- Help with maintenance and ongoing support of new website
- Assist with e-mail marketing campaigns and metric reporting
- As directed by Director, post content to social media sites
- Monitor what is being said on key sites related to registry, healthcare, and orthopaedics
- Assistance on Board of Directors materials when needed
- Assists with communications metric reporting and analysis and make refinements to existing tactics
- Performs all other job related duties as required or assigned
Required Education: Working towards an undergraduate (or graduate) degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or marketing. Junior or Senior year preferred.
Strong interest in the health care profession.
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editorial skills
- Capable to perform multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative thinker; able to take complicated subjects and convert to actionable outcomes
- Proficient with Microsoft products, e-mail distribution software Constant Contact preferred
- Proficient with layout software applications; Adobe Suite preferred
- Technology savvy, keeps abreast of social media platforms and understands user personas
- Adhere to Style Guide branding and formatting rules and help with enforcement within organization
- Plus if have some basic graphic design skills
Scheudle flexible between 8:00 amd and 5:00 pm M-F for 20 hours a week. This is a paid internship.